I am sooo glad that we got a new computer. Our laptop was overheating and kept shutting down on us after 20 minutes, that is barely enough time to check emails. It was really frustrating but we are back.
I have been really wanting to write this week but with the computer situation I really didn't have a choice. There was alot of thing that happened this week.
Last Sunday we went to the 9 am service and Tristen wore is Thing 2 shirt that Cindy Bergeman gave him and Tristan Povey also wore his which said Thing 1. They were so cute with their matching shirts!!! They are defitenely two peas in a pod. Whenever they are around each other they play together so well and love to be in each other's company. I always ask Tristen is wants to go see his friend Tristan at church and he always say with an excited "Yes!!!" Tristan's mom told me on Sunday that he only wants to come in to Babyridge when Tristen is there. I think that is really cute. I will post pictures soon. I don't know how yet on this new computer.
Then on the way home from church Tristen was singing Jesus Loves Me word for word. At that moment I was a very proud mommy. I have been singing this song to him ever since he was a newborn. I remember the very first time I sang this song to him, I was rocking him in the rocking chair in his room and just soaking in the moment of being a new mommy. After singing this song, I was excited for the day that he could sing it all by himself. Well, that day happened on Sunday and it was awesome. Now he sings it nonstop and it is such music to my ears. I really feel like he is starting to grasp the concept of God and Jesus. He also loves to pray at lunch and dinner. This week he said a full prayer and we could actually understand what he said. All the other times we could only understand a few words out of the whole thing. His prayer was short and sweet but it was a good one. It went: God, Thank you for the food. AMEN. Last night he actually prayed twice for the meal. He prayed before we ate and then when he got seconds. I really have learned alot this week from him this week with being excited about praying and talking to God. It doesn't have to be a mundane thing or something we have to do. But we should be excited every time we get to pray and we should be doing it often. Just to see this in him has really opened my eyes to how I need to be more about praying.
Also, this week Tristen surprised us while we were watching American Idol. With one of the contestants he started mimicking everything she was doing and he did it right on point. Brent and I just looked at each other with our jaws dropped. It was really cute and funny.
Tristen is doing really good with potty training. He is actually starting to get excited everytime he goes pee in the potty because he knows he gets a sticker. I have been trying to wean him off the candy rewards now and he doesn't seem to mind much. I keep him in pullups when we are out in public and at bedtime and naptime. He is starting to tell me more when he needs to go to the potty which is a making great progress. The biggest hurdle with potty training is that he doesn't want to go potty in the public restrooms. I guess it is the whole atmosphere of it-I am not really sure but he will not go. A coworker told me about a portable potty that folds up but I have not been able to find it. I am happy with how much progress he has made so far, so I am not pushing that issue yet. We are taking baby steps and he will hopefully be fully potty trained soon.
Tristen is also doing really well in daycare. I am amazed after being there for 3 weeks how much he has already learned. He knows his ABC's, shapes, and he can write the letter O. Today I heard him count from 7 to 20 without missing any. I was amazed. He also has 1 homework paper to do a week. It is something really simple and it only takes 5 minutes to do. When he completes 5 then he will be able to get a surprise out of the treasure box. He is really liking it and seeing all his friends every day. He has also gotten over the crying and screaming when I walk out the door. The second week of daycare was really hard for me because he would cry and attach himself to my leg. It was hard to pry him off and walk out knowing that he was upset. I actually went to my car the first time it happened and cried. I am glad that is over with.
Well, Brent got a job and he is LOVING it. He has a crazy schedule but that is ok. He has I think one of the easiest jobs ever. I have to admit I am a little jealous. J/K..LOL.. He is working for a gas recycling center. Pretty much what happens there is the gas tanker trucks delivers the unusable gas and then the company he works for turns it into gas that can be used. It is really interesting. Brent pretty much pushes the button to retrieve the gas from the truck and does some lab samples on the gas and that is it. The only downfall is that he has to work out in the weather which I know cannot be fun in this really cold weather. But he does not mind.
As for me....this week has been good up until Friday. I won't go much into detail about Friday because it has to do with work drama. I will just say it is getting really hard to uphold my christian morals when I have other people not owning up to their own mistakes and then making it look like my fault. During these trying times I just keep looking up toward God and think about what Jesus went through for us. It helps keep things in perspective for me. I was proud of myself because I did "turn to the other cheek" but I also stood up for myself and did not "tell" on anyone or throw anyone else under the bus to make myself look good or to get out of trouble. The biggest lesson I have learned is there is a fine line to walk when you are standing up for yourself but we have got to choose our words carefully and not point fingers at another person. In the past, I would have been the first person to place the blame on someone else so that I would get out of trouble. This didn't happen this time and I am grateful to God for that. It felt much better to stand up for myself without hurting anyone in the process even though I got blamed for what happened. This situation really made me think about how Jesus felt when he was getting punished and ultimately dying on the cross for us. He had to endure so much torture and he didn't even do anything wrong. It really blows my mind but it makes me stronger in hard times and I cannot even fathom of how he felt.
I have been really thinking about lately about what God wants for my life and it really makes me nervous because it means for me to be pulled out of my comfort zone. My dilemma right now is God is placing heavily on my heart to start our photography business. I really don't see how it is going to happen soon but HE keeps placing it on my heart so I know it is something HE wants me to do. I have been praying alot about God showing me the way HE wants me to go with a job or means for an income. I just want to live out God's will for my life and I feel that the place I am right now I cannot do that completely with my job. At my current job I am so stressed out all the time by the time I get home or even on the weekends I am drained so therefore I don't have any energy to even start the process of starting up this business. I think it makes me nervous because I don't want to lose the stable income that my job does provide. I know it will require taking baby steps and it will be fine in the end but it is definitely a leap of faith. The root of it is I don't trust God as much as I thought. I have been thinking alot about this and I am really working on trusting HIM more because I really do want to put my full trust in HIM.
I am really struggling lately with my thoughts. I am having a really hard time taking my thoughts captive and in turn it is stressing me out. The devil is attacking me BIG TIME in this area and I am pushing forward and continuing to try to push the bad thoughts out. It is a work in progress and thinking about we always are a work in progress. There will always be something that we could work on to make ourselves better and that is ok. Well, my mind is finally clear enough to try and get some sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment