Friday, September 17, 2010

Forgiveness

Today I have been working on forgiveness and I feel that again I just need to let this out. I never have been a big fan of forgiveness until about a month or so ago when I truly felt the peace that I got when I started to forgive completely.

When you don't forgive someone it is like you are drinking the poison hoping the other person who hurt you dies. This means that when you don't forgive someone you are holding onto the hurt that they have caused you. You are only hurting yourself. They may not even know that they have hurt you. But once you can forgive that person and give the pain to God you are releasing them to God to take care of the situation. God can carry the burden but we were not meant to.

It does not erase the hurt that person caused you but it breaks the emotional tie to that person and painful event. Forgiveness is not something that you can do 1 time and it is done and you have forgiven fully. You have to forgive as many times as it takes every minute, every hour, every day until you are able to feel that you have forgiven completely. Every time the thought pops up in your head just say out loud, I forgive you. Those are some of the most freeing words to me. Also, I found out that you will know that you have forgiven when you can talk about the hurtful event and not cry or be emotional about it. That is when you know you are healing from that past hurt. I am no expert on this issue but I have tried it recently and it really works. God is really teaching me this lesson right now.

I encourage you today that if you have someone in mind you need to forgive just start by saying " their name", I forgive you and then explain what they did to you out loud. I normally do this in my car when no one can hear me. I have come to the point that I don't even care if the person in another car is thinking I am talking to myself. LOL. I was doing this today and I as I was forgiving one person another popped into my head. This actually happened 4 more times in the same sitting. When it was said and done I had started forgiving 5 people. WOW! I love how God works.

I also encourage you today that if you have something that is hurting you just take it God, that is what HE is there for. Just pray about it. HE will heal you in such a powerful way and then you may be able to help someone in the future that is going through what you went through. It amazes me how God will turn something hurtful into something good and a victory. Also, I want you to know that you are precious in HIS sight like a precious jewel that when you find your worth is in God no one can take it from you. There is nothing that anyone could say or do to that could make you unworthy. YOU are worthy and valuable!!!!

Thanks again for listening to me ramble but I felt God put this on my heart to share this with all of you. It is hard keeping all this good growing stuff to myself because it has helped me to overcome so much.

3 comments:

  1. So proud of you Tammy!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Tammy! Forgiveness is something that I am having some issues with right now. Thank you for sharing :) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post again Tammy!! You can really tell that God is speaking through you.

    ReplyDelete