I started potty training Tristen yesterday. I am determined to have him potty trained by the time I go back to work from Christmas vacation which is this Tuesday. He just turned 3 and I feel it is time. I went to the store yesterday to stock up on my arsenal of potty training gear: a bunch of big boy underwear and some candy. We have tried everything to get him potty trained and nothing has worked so far. I had a coworker tell me that she placed a clear jar filled with candy in the bathroom where her child could see it while trying to go potty and it worked. So that is what I am doing. I also bought a potty chart to where Tristen can put a sticker on the day each time he goes to the potty. Also he is only getting a pull up for when we are out of the house running errands and naptime or bedtime.
When we have tried using underwear and no pullups, Tristen didn't really care if he soiled them, he would just continue to play like nothing happened. Well, that is not the case this time. He is getting really upset everytime he starts to soil his underwear and he is running straight to the potty. YAY!!!! This is a huge thing for us!!! And yes I am doing the potty dance like on the movie Look Who's Talking. I am singing at the top of my lungs "Pee Pee in the Potty, Pee Pee in the Potty, YEAH!" I will do whatever it takes even if I have to stand on my head. LOL!!!
Tristen is doing good and I am excited to see the progess he makes today. Here are a few pictures of the day:
No comments:
Post a Comment