Friday, January 13, 2012

A heart for Jesus

Wow, I can't believe I have not written for a year. One of my resolutions for this year is to keep up with writing on here and document our lives so that we can have something to look back on in the future.

I wanted to write a little bit about today. While Tristen and I were driving today, Tristen was looking up at the sky and he exclaimed very excitedly "Mommy, I see Jesus up there and he is waving to me!!" All I could do was smile. It got me thinking about childlike faith and I wish I had more of it. Now thinking about it, it brings tears to my eyes. Tristen taught me today that if you just stop & look Jesus is everywhere. I love that Tristen has such a heart for God and he is so eager to learn and he talks about Jesus all the time. Today we were at the doctor's office and we were flipping through a magazine and looking at all the pictures. We came across a picture of a boat and Tristen says, "There is a boat, Mommy. Jesus has a boat too right?" I told him, "Yes Jesus was in a boat." Tristen loves that story of Jesus in the boat sleeping and how he calmed the storm and he has it memorized. We are having more and more conversations about Jesus and heaven. It is amazing that he is only 4 years old and we are already having conversations about Jesus dying on the cross for us and that heaven is a place we go to be with Jesus when we die. He told me last night that he wants to die so he can be with Jesus in heaven. When he said that it took me aback just a little bit. I had to explain to him that heaven is not just a place we visit and then we come back down to Earth. I explained to him that when someone dies they stay in heaven forever. Tristen said, "But Mommy, I just want to visit heaven for a little bit so I can see Jesus but then I want to come back here with you." He made me smile. He truly just wants to be with Jesus so bad he can hardly stand it.

I am one proud momma that is for sure. He is learning so much through our church, TCAL and I thank them so much for that. My prayer for Tristen is that he will develop a heart for God and seek God in everything. My prayer has been answered and I am forever grateful to God and my church.

No comments:

Post a Comment