Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Encouragement

I gotta brag on Tristen because he encouraged me today while I was working out. First off, last week Brent and I were running and Brent was pushing me super hard but the whole time he was encouraging me and telling me that I could do this. Brent was pushing Tristen in the jogging stroller while we were running. (By the way, I was pushing through this workout so hard I threw up but I kept going only with Brent's help of course.)

Well, today I was pushing Tristen in the stroller and running which is the hardest thing to do because first the jogging stroller is heavy and just by pushing it gives me a workout. Second, it is hard for me to work out alone but I am determined to do whatever it takes to lose the rest of this weight. Thirdly, I absolutely despise running. I have never been able to run and feel good during it. Never. But one of my resolutions this year is to run and at least do a 5k. I have a deep down desire to run so I am going for it. Anyways, back to the story....I got to the half way point and the lady on couch to 5k app said "You are halfway!" (Tristen can hear it as well because there are speakers on the stroller). Tristen then said "Ok Mommy, you are almost there!!" It was so sweet and it made me smile. It got down towards the end and I am starting to drag and I guess he could tell and said "Mommy, you can do it!!" With those words, I felt that I could do this and he believed in me too. When the workout was over he said "Mommy, you did great. You are great!" Those words were music to my ears and made me smile. It meant so much to hear those words coming out of my sweet child. I felt on top of the world.

So the lesson I learned today is that we all need to encourage one another because that is what keeps us going in life. It gives us the strength that we thought we didn't have because we know someone else believes in us.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, what a great day you had! I am also planning to WALK a 5K this spring. Thanks for encouraging me to keep going when it hurts!
    A. Stephens

    ReplyDelete