Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Powerful

I was going to write last night but I was exhausted. Brent and I went on a bike ride and we rode for 12 miles. Whew!! I am so proud of myself for making it that far because I normally only ride for 2 miles. It was such a beautiful day we had to get out and do something. It was relaxing and I loved hearing the frogs croak as we went by. Tristen rode in his little trailer behind Brent's bike and he loves riding with us. I will post pictures next time we go. My camera is not charged and I can't find the charger for some reason.

Anyway, I wanted to say how thankful and blessed I feel to have the women in my church. They are so awesome and I can't imagine my life now without them. They have already made such a difference in my life.

I sometimes have had a hard time trusting women because I am afraid that they are judging me and I feel like I can't be transparent with women. But not these women...I can tell them my deepest darkest corners of my life and anything that I am thinking and they don't judge. This had made a huge difference in my life. I trust them so much and I feel that when we can open those deepest, darkest corners of our life/past then we become free from those chains that were holding us down.

I feel God allows us to have struggles and challenges but HE will always be there to help us get through them. But after we get through them then that's when we can help others by sharing our story because once I opened up about my struggles I realize I am not the only one that's had to deal with these issues. It makes me feel free is the only way I can describe it at this point. For me, when I can tell people of my struggles then it is my way of also giving it to God because I don't have to worry or think about it anymore because God has it now and will deal with it.

I have struggled with depression for a few years and GOD has shown me so many different things lately to help me get through this. When I was depressed I wasn't calling up to GOD to help me I thought that I could do it on my own. Well, I can't. I was isolating myself, thinking very negatively about myself. I was saying things to myself like "You are not good enough for people to like you much less be your friend." "You are too ugly." "You are fat." "Your husband doesn't deserve you." Thoughts like these were running through my head constantly. Now looking back, when you have thoughts like that running through your head then anyone can get depressed. Now I realize that is Satan telling me these things so I couldn't find GOD.

GOD made us to be in community with each other (not isolating ourselves), to serve one another and care for each other, and to call on HIM for EVERYTHING because we really can't do this on our own. I have recently learned this and it has made such a HUGE difference in my life. I now believe when women come together and become one as a TEAM then we are very powerful. My prayer for this week is for all the women in my church and that they all can find peace.

1 comment:

  1. I love seeing the tight chains loosen up....it will just get better!

    ReplyDelete