This weekend we really didn't do much but I was off work and able to relax and think about some things. First, my hubby surprised me with going to see my dear friend Kelley who is recovering from surgery. She is a survivor of breast cancer!!! She is such an inspiration to me and I love her so dearly. She has amazing strength and God is going to do amazing things through her to empower so many women. She is also one of the reasons why Brent and I will be walking in the Susan G. Komen 3 day for the cure. We are so excited and can't wait for the event. It is scary because I have never done anything like this before but I need to fight for those women's lives who have been changed because of breast cancer. I do not want women to have to face the awful disease. I have personally seen on 2 different occasions how breast cancer affects families and it has made me very angry because these 2 people are people who I dearly love. I have to fight this fight and I believe we will find a cure!!!!!
I also really been thinking about what God is calling me to do at this very moment in my life. It's really scary but now is the time or I will probably never do it. God has put this on the heart of Brent and I to start up a photography business. This is scary because we don't really have the money to do this but we trust God will provide. This has been a lifelong dream of mine but never really have had the faith in myself even though I know I am a great photographer. I used to work for Kiddie Kandids a children's photography studio for 4 years. I loved it but got to the point that it wasn't challenging to me any more plus they controlled how creative you could be with your pictures. I knew then I had potential but right now it has been many years since then so my confidence is waning just a bit. I am trying to pump myself up again and I also have the support of my wonderful hubby. He tells me everyday how awesome I am and he has full faith that I can do this. Now I won't quit my job or anything, I will do this as a side business and go from there. I am not putting any expectations on how fast I want it to grow. I want to do this right so I will be taking my time to plan this all out and make smart business decisions. I just can't wait to get my awesome new camera and begin to practice shooting. I absolutely LOVE photography and it is my passion.
I think it's crazy how God has laid this on both my hubby's and I's hearts because a few months ago at my women's community group we went around and told each other the thing we fear the most that scares us too much to try. Well, mine was opening a photography business. I said to everyone that there is no way I could do it right now because of our financial situation we are in plus the paralyzing fear of failure that I have about it. I really need to give myself more credit. Anyways, I never told Brent about me saying this to the CG. He came to me about 2 weeks ago and told me that God has never spoken to him in this way and he said God is telling him that we need to make a go for this. Wow!! It blew me away because I so wasn't expecting this. God has been speaking to me about this very subtly but I have been too stubborn to listen because I wasn't trusting God or myself fully. So he used Brent to get through to me and give me a very special Godsmack. So I have spent the last 2 weeks really thinking about this and not telling anyone. I have had my doubts and sure I am scared about this but I also thought about how meaningful pictures are. I remembered some very special moments from Kiddie Kandids that will always have a special place in my heart.
There is nothing like taking a newborn's picture and able to create beautiful images that their parents will be able to cherish for a lifetime. It's kinda like I am able to put my stamp on something in a moment in time for the people who I take the pictures for.
I also remember of taking these beautiful pictures of a 5 year old girl and her 4 month old sister together to find a couple of months later that the 4 month old died of walking pneumonia and my pictures that I had taken of her were her last. I remember hugging the mom as she cried when she came to pick up large portraits to put up at her funeral. These little girls were also special because they were nieces of one of my friends. I remember after the funeral getting a funeral program from my friend. In it she wrote a heartfelt note thanking me for taking those beautiful last pictures of her niece and that she will cherish it forever. I will always remember their beautiful precious smiles and rest that God is holding one of them very tightly at this moment.
There is nothing like the excitement I get inside of me when I have produced such a beautiful picture. I just love it. I also want to be able to help people through my photography in some way. I am still thinking and brainstorming about it. I am also doing a lot of praying for God to show which way to go with business decisions. Please pray for Brent and I on this and to allow God to help us with these decisions.
I am going to jump into this with both feet and see how high I can fly. I will not allow fear to paralyze me anymore. I recently got some great advice from a dear friend she told me to "DO IT SCARED!!!" When I tell myself that I am not good enough for this or I can't do it, I remind myself to "DO IT SCARED!" I think this is going to be my new motto.
Ok, so I think that is it right now and I will keep ya'll posted on everything. I love each of you guys and I look forward to a wonderful summer!!! I am also excited about leading 2 community groups this summer and I can't wait to meet all the new faces and get to have some awesome fellowship this summer!!!!
Tammy,
ReplyDeleteI am so excited for you!! Even if you try it and totally fail, SO WHAT!?!? At least you will have tried and given it a shot. Deryl & I have made some awful decisions in our marriage but we have made some great ones too!
I think the idea is awesome and you are going to do a fantastic job. I KNOW you can do it and I totally and completely believe in you!!!!
Love,
Kelley
Tammy,
ReplyDeleteI know you will do great! There is such a need for great photographers who are also budget friendly, especially now in this down economy! You took a picture of my sister and I along time ago and it still hangs in my parents and grandparents house and we love it. Good luck in everything you do!
Cheryl
Tammy,
ReplyDeleteWow! How exciting for you both! I know that God is going to bless you for being obedient to His calling on your life to be supersized. I can't wait to see your new photo's and how they will bless so many people.
Do it scared girl!!! You can do this!!
I love you!
Tammy
just make sure your husband pays for his 3 other kids before you go spending money that isnt given towards there future. Just sayin..
ReplyDelete